Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Walnut Hill Church Weekly Letter

March 17, 2010

Greetings to all!

Appropriate for our reflection today is a portion of "St. Patrick's Breastplate,"
a traditional celtic "circling prayer" in which the worshiper surrounds
her(him)self with the presence of God, the Spirit, or Christ.

Christ to protect me today...
Christ with me, Christ before me, Christ behind me,
Christ in me, Christ beneath me, Christ above me,
Christ on my right, Christ on my left,
Christ where I lie, Christ where I sit, Christ where I arise,
Christ in the heart of everyone who thinks of me,
Christ in the mouth of everyone who speaks of me,
Christ in every eye that sees me,
Christ in every ear that hears me.

(as found in Prayer From the Heart, edited by Richard Foster)

The Scripture lesson for Sunday, March 21:
John 11:1-44

Sunday Conversations continue this Sunday, March 21, 10am, in
Trinity Hall.  "Sunday Conversations" cover a wide range of topics from
week to week.  Enjoy a cup of coffee, join the conversation, or just 
listen in.

The Children's Choir will gather for practice on Sunday, 10am, in Trinity
Hall.  All children through elementary age are encouraged to participate.
Also, the children will be presenting two familiar songs during the
worship hour on Sunday.  For more information, contact Nell Horman or
Lauren Fouts.

A Host(s) is needed for our Sunday refreshments this Sunday, March 21.
Refreshments need not be elaborate, just something simple to gather 
around as we fellowship after worship.  Use reply email to volunteer for
this Sunday.  Check the sign up sheet in the Sanctuary for opportunities
to host a Sunday later in the spring.

Women's Dinner:  The next Walnut Hill Women's Dinner will be held on
Wednesday, March 24, 6pm, at Buddy's Bar and Grill.  Our guest for the
evening will be the Rev. Dr. Marian McClure Taylor, Executive Director
of the Kentucky Council of Churches.  Use reply email, the sign up sheet
in the Sanctuary, or contact Natalie Watt to rsvp.

Community Fund:  We are currently receiving nominations of agencies
to receive 2010 grants from the Walnut Hill Community Fund.  $10,000 
will distributed this year.  Contact Natalie Watt or Mike Ward to make
a nomination.

Easter Lilies:  Contact Lee Tucker to sponsor an Easter Lily to 
decorate the Sanctuary for Easter Sunday.  The cost is $14/plant.  
Sponsors are welcome to take and enjoy their plants at home after 
Easter services.

Holy Week Schedule:
Sun(3/28) - Palm Sunday
-Sunday Conversations - 10am
-Morning Worship & Sunday School - 11am
Thu(4/1) - Maundy Thursday
-Simple Meal and Program - 6pm  (for all ages)
Sun(4/4) - Easter Sunday
-Sunrise Service - 7am
-Morning Worship & Sunday School - 11am
-Egg Hunt for children - Noon

Peace to all.

Mike Ward


No comments: